Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Chickens and socks

I´ve stumbled across the Sketchbook Challenge webpage, and decided to have a go at that, time permitting. It fits in nicely with my working through the Water Paper Paint book by Heather Smith Jones, and the Drawing Lab book by Carla Sondheim. Above is a picture of one of today´s entries.


If I´ve understood this month´s Sketchbook Challenge theme correctly, it is about everyday things. So I´ve chosen socks. Or more precisely, in our house, our collection of individual ¨sock¨ singulars. Our washing machine never eats a pair, only one of each. Mustn´t want to get fat or something. I´m currently working on the ¨Working Wet onto Dry¨ exercise in the Water Paper Paint book, and this made me think about socks too (overpainting different colour socks).

Whanganui River, North Island, new Zealand

No comments: