Sunday, June 14, 2009

Butterick 4549 View C muslin

I tried Butterick 4549 View C this time. I did a size 14 this time. The test fabric was red, but the camera couldn't capture it so I greyscaled the photo. I've realised that View C it is just a sleeved top without sleeves, whereas I think I true sleeveless top needs to be slightly more shaped. The neckline again seemed very high or close, and there seemed alot of fabric over the shoulders. For the final version I'll (1) take 1 cm off the outside top of the armseye (at the shoulder) and adjust the armhole curve accordingly; (2) take a 1-2 cm off the inside neckline where it meets the shoulder and adjust the curve along the back and bust accordingly. I also think that in adjusting the curve I might make the final curve resemble the curve line in the Amy Bulter Cabo halter a bit more. I pinned the sides up, but didn't sew them as I won't go any further with this muslin and the invisible zip cost would more than the $1/m fabric.I tried putting a collar on a bit like version D to see if a collar made a difference, but it didn't.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh! It's great. I love the crossing front. Does the pattern have a long sleeve option ?

SewChicken said...

Hello there! No, no long sleeve option in the pattern. I think because it has an invisible zip down one side. But I think I might try a long sleeve option at one point and see how it goes...