Thursday, May 28, 2009

Summer Blouse - zipped nursing version

Here is my first go at the summer blouse in Heather Ross' Weekend Sewing book. I just used a sheet for this go. This is a version for nursing, with the front opening with an invisible zip.

I split the front in two down the middle, so there is a seam going down to the hemline. I cut the placket to suit the zip length, rather than using the placket pattern in the book. I used this tutorial for putting in the invisible zip.

Sizewise, its a small (I'm a NZ 12-14, and would normally be a medium), and although I took it in on the sides (and lowered the neckline, of course) like everyone else when cutting the pattern, I can actually put it on even though I'm eight months pregnant. So, lots of taking in and darts to do after the baby is born.

No comments: